Friday, July 28, 2017

Digitally Printed Scubas & What To Sew With Scuba

I get asked so many times about scuba.

So whats the big deal about scuba then? And what even is scuba?

It is a relatively new dressmaking fabric but one that is causing a big stir! It's a thick jersey fabric, similar in weight to a sweatshirt. It has a smooth surface and looks fabulous with digitally printed designs on it.

The thickness of the fabric gives it a wonderful body and great drape making it perfect for either body con dresses or full skirts.

It is washable (at 30 degrees, don't tumble dry) and you can iron it on a low setting. I would recommend using a cloth when ironing it. Best of all as it doesn't fray there is no need to finish your seams and sometimes I don't even finish the hems just cut and go (Yay I'm all for a bit of 'lazy' sewing)

I have a Pinterest board full of scuba sewing ideas here. Scroll down to see our newest designs and my patterns recommendations for scuba. Just remember that if you are making a pattern designed for woven fabrics you may want to go down a size to allow for the give in the scuba.








Named Inari sewing pattern
Inari Tee Dress
(don't just tale my word for this check out my Instagram feed for Lindas fab version using our Dahlia scuba)

Image 1
Chardon Skirt

Image 1
Shift Dress

Deer and Doe Centauree Dress (Intermediate)
Zephyr Dress


Sew over it Ultimate trousers pattern
Ultimate trousers

Happy sewing xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment