Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Day Dress In Bloom Viscose & Linen


I love the simple silhouettes of The Avid Seamstress patterns. Here is my Day dress made in our Linen and viscose mix fabric Bloom. It is a simple dress with a concealed zip back fastening, gathered skirt and POCKETS! I am a massive fan of pockets, though hate how they can ruin a garment just as easily as make it fabulous. Luckily this full gathered skirt is ideal to hide 2 handy side seam pockets.







 



For those of you who read my last blog post you will see that Lisa 'The Avid Seamstress' will be at our Open Day on the 9th April. why not pop along and say Hi to her from 2-3pm?

Here are some of my other fabric suggestions for the Day dress. A simple dress that lets the fabric do the talking!

Chairs cotton lawn


Claire floral stretch cotton sateen


Cotton and linen mix in Aurora


Wilde Cotton Twill


Happy sewing xxx

1 comment:

  1. I love the daydress and all your fabric suggestion

    Love Lis

    ReplyDelete